Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yesterday Afternoon in the Backyard

Yesterday afternoon, while I was waiting for Vandy to come home with the groceries, I took a stroll in the backyard and snapped a few pictures. I think Jenny and I are truly kindred spirits. She posted a photo similar to the crabapple tree one I took ... and on the same day!
Weeping pussy willow in bloom and a bright blue sky.

Tulips peeking up, pray for no more snow.

Baby daffs, they are soooooo teeny, Vandy planted them last year to surprise me and my Dad and they are just so cute!

Our first crabapple tree on Cimmaron, and we love them so much, we now have three in our yard. Last year one of our favorite nurseries ran into some trouble and we bought a few more trees that I am excited about --- a redbud!!!! We also bought a Japanese maple, a red maple and this really funky spruce. I'll take pictures of them once we have some leaves!!
And I am in the middle of the bbq sauce, I'll post the finished product and the recipe, I hope, later today!! My sister is going to be so jealous when I tell her what I have on the stove!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for the tour! Love the crabapples and I love redbud trees!

    ReplyDelete