Tuesday, November 22, 2011

There once was a crafter

Have you ever been so overwhelmed by all of your "want to do" projects you melt into the couch and shut the door to your studio, hoping your husband doesn't go in there because you already know what the issue is??

Seriously? 

I know!  Me too!  

The thing is, I so want to do them all.  Sewing, painting, glittering.  And do you remember when I changed the apartment into my photography studio?  It was so crisp and clean.  Nice walls.  Cool barn wood flooring.  Nice props.  I loved it. 


A family affair

A confession.  I am not sure when the hoarding started.  By the way, I hate the word hoarder.  How can a crafter not be a hoarder?  I mean seriously!!!  We have things we need for everything we do.  Fabric, paint brushes, painting supplies, threads, tools, the list goes on and on. 

So, when did the 'collecting' begin?  When did it begin to look like ... like, well like ... like this ...


From the doorway

my working table
Craft hoarder?  A touch, but I am working on all of it.  My goal is to post a picture a day for the next week of finished projects and then ship them out of the house to their new owners!  Feels a bit like "Let's Make A Deal", but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!  Am I right? 

1 comment:

  1. I can't bend over too good these days and yet I wonder how all the stuff in my office ends up on the floor. Maybe that's my sign that I need a bigger office or at least a biger desk. Your plight reminds me of what my ex-boss used to tell me when I told him I had too much work to do and really could use an assistant. He would always say "Eat that elephant one bite at a time and you'll eventually get it all done." Well I retired and left him with that big ol fat elephant to eat by himself! :)

    Fret not, I am sure you will end up with a beautiful craft room when all is done!~Ames

    ReplyDelete