Thursday, February 26, 2009

Teenagers


I have been taking care of Addie for a couple days and it has brought me full circle in being a mother. She has been stretching her wings as well as out heart strings this year and I have been making myself let go of that rope around her, slowly, day by day. And then a few days ago she got really sick .... tonsils the size of basketballs and a fever we are having a time trying to get rid of. She woke up at 4 am the morning before last, crying because she was in so much pain ... so I did what any good mom would do, got the Tylenol, the soothing voice, the 7up and stayed up until she finally went back to sleep ... and then continued to worry. So, two days later, she's exhausted and fast asleep upstairs. And even though she has survived a divorce, the lose of her grandma, a few flushed goldfish, losing her two dogs within a year of each other, high school drama, an abused soccer body, she still has a beautiful heart and soul and is not tarnished or broken or too old at seventeen to ask me to help her with "stuff". The moral of this story is, she still needs her mommy and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment