Friday, September 25, 2009

Arizona

I am just amazed at how beautiful Arizona is ...... there is no grass to speak of, no color this time of the year, but the vastness, the mountains, the desert is all intoxicating to my eyes. I am sitting on our balcony at the resort with Vandy. I know how busy he is at work, but he managed to take these few days off to enjoy some alone time with me and a little hiking in the Grand Canyon.

I think we could live here, truthfully. I could sell our entire household and drive cross country and reside in this state. Vandy said he'd like to live up north a bit, but I am okay so far with the heat. I thought Edwards Air Force Base would kill me, the lack of greenery, the missing smells of spring and fall .... the none existence of seasons, but today, today I think Arizona is beautiful and I am sharing it with the love of my life.

I have things on my plate at home to finish up, but I am going to enjoy these five days without worry. That's my plan and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment