Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Monday

I am so happy for Monday!  I know it sounds weird, but I just can't express how much I do not like Mother's Day.  I miss my Mom.  And even though I am a Mom, it's not just not the same not to be able to call my Mom and say "Happy Mother's Day"!!  Or take Mom to breakfast or plant her a planter .... as I said, I miss my Mom. 

And now I am going to _itch!  Vandy, remembered Mother's Day.  He got me a CD, Carole King and James Taylor!!  Wooohooooooooo and a new laptop and flats of flowers for the front of the house.  He had to wake Addie up.  I got a hug.  I know, a hug is nice.  She wanted to take mt to lunch or dinner, but I said you know what I really would like.  She said no.  I said for her and Cody to mow the grass and trim the yard. 

She and Cody got all cleaned up, went out to lunch with friends and showed back up around 6:30 pm. 

AFTER ....

I push mowed and BAGGED the entire yard.  After, Vandy hauled and hauled rocks for the water feature he has been working on for 2 years.  After he and I had a snack together.  After we had a beer to cool down.  AFTER we had dinner.  And not a call from the other three kids.  I know I am not their Mom, but it still stung a bit.

BUT, a friend of mine, brought me homemade strawberry ice cream.  AND I licked the entire top of the container so I didn't have to share with anyone but my husband! 

I am happy it is Monday!!!

Pity party over!!!!

Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment