Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wine Not, A Tutorial Debut

So, my first tutorial .... Wine Not!  Remember the dimensions from yesterday?  Good thing you can go check out yesterday's post to get them!!  Okay, so after you follow the instructions from yesterday, this is how it should look.  And I hate to admit it, but I tore my fabric.  Yup, I can not cut in a straight line to save my soul!  And don't even get me started on a rotary cutter.  Another story, another time!


The two pieces of fabric, right side to right side.
Here is the tie piece.  I kind of tri-folded the fabric and just went to town with it on my sewing machine.  I just went back and forth, back and forth until I was happy with the way it looked!


The tie.
Remember to tuck the tie on the inside of the two pieces and sew over it a few times, just to make it extra secure.  If you use thin cotton fabric, while you are sewing around the three sides, every now and then, put your machine in reverse and go over that spot a few times.
 
This is what the bag looks like after I sewed it all around and
pinkied/trimmed the excess fabric.
Isn't so cute?  I thought I would make a birthday bag and add a little tag to it for my girlfriend with the December birthday!  I made the tie a bit longer so I could tie a bow, all birthday presents need bows!  Don't you think?  You all know I love wine, but these would be cute with old fashion candies in them for the kiddles too?!!

Super cute!
Now, remember to go to yesterday's post to get the measurements and to post a comment so you can get in the running for one of these cute bags!!  And tell your friends!!!  Wine not??
Wine Not?

1 comment:

  1. You have amazing skills, this is a creative gene I was not blessed with (sewing) - I wanted to thank you for your kind words on my site this morning and your order - what a wonderful way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete