Thursday, January 26, 2012

Time is not my friend

Honestly friends, where does it go? 

Time I mean.

Once, three weeks ago, I couldn't motivate myself to get off the couch to craft or play or even visit with friends.  I just had it all and after many thoughts and talks with my husband and a few close friends, we kind of jointly decided perhaps depression had a hold of me. 

I HATED to admit it. 

Both parents departing to heaven within three years of each other.  I had quit my job to care for them.  And then you know, the employment crisis.  And honestly, my husband has given me everything a woman could ever ask for. 

EVERYTHING.

And believe me, I am so very thankful.

I LOVE him so very much.  And I am so thankful.  God blessed me the day I asked for him and he arrived. 

So if a woman has everything, most importantly LOVE, why does she need a PWD

Loneliness?  The need to care for someone?  Empty nest?  DEPRESSION?   Who knows?

So, Charlie is wonderful.  My puppy bites are healing.  His accidents are becoming less frequent when I remember I have to take him out, even in the rain.  He is stinking cute and fun and WORK. 

I have so little me time now. 

And I needed to tell my friends here.  So you understood.

If I miss a couple days, it isn't because I have forgotten you.

Time has just run out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Allie, I understand what it's like going through all that you have. I lost my mom two years ago and it still feels like yesterday. then I had the two major surgeries within five months of each other! Depression can easily settle in. Pets do help a lot and I am so happy that you found an adorable new baby to keep you going!
    Hang in there, things will get good again.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Allie, growing up isn't for sissies, is it? Depression is tough...this whole kids growing up things is awful enough...but everything else all tied in.

    I love you, you know! And I admire you like crazy.

    Wish I could give you a giant hug.

    ReplyDelete