Monday, January 11, 2010

Out with the old

As I promised, here are the pictures of my kitchen.  It's funny thinking about when we bought this house.  I said to Vandy, oh, it will be easy to gut this kitchen and EIGHT years later, it still has not been GUTTED.  However, there has been a bit of remodeling going on and I hope to do the rest in the next few weeks. 

The microwave is till in this corner, but it will eventually be replaced with an over the range system.  Does anyone else have those husbands that as long as it isn't broke, you don't need to replace it?  Yep, that is me and my husband. 

Now does this hoosier look familiar?  Yep, it is the one in the wine cellar now.  Addie and I shoved it down the basement stairs, okay okay, we careful moved this 500 pound piece of furniture to the basement, for it NEVER to come up the stairs again!


So, I am saving the the partial remodel pictures for tomorrow.  I do have to say I was in a sure fire hurry to get new countertops, but after seeing the new paint job, I may get the floor done first, then the countertops.  The problem is, I was set on a cream with black flecks, but I do love the way black looks, soooooooooo voice your opinion tomorrow when you see the new pictures!  I would appreciate it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it! Love that hoosier! I think you need a pink car on top of your fridge, though! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, got your message and I'm "thinking" (there's no charge either..lol)...let me scan thru some of my past clients kitchens and see what I can come up with. Lookin' good, you made the right decision to paint the cabinets off white:-) Hard to tell from the pic, did you paint a light blue? (just trying to put this together in my head)..let me know..in the meantime, I'll be workin' it for ya:-)

    ReplyDelete