Saturday, February 5, 2011

Breakfast and my excuses!

Breakfast was fabulous in Yellow Springs with my sister in laws.  And no, I didn't take my camera because the snow flakes were pelting me and nothing is worse than taking an ice/snow fall and being more worried about my camera than my hips.  Right??? 

My niece, Raquel, loved her 16th birthday cupcake Addie and I made yesterday.  And excuse #2 for not using my camera to take a stinking cute picture of it, I FORGOT!  I did take a picture with my PHONE! 
But, BUT, BUT, BUT here is a picture of the pan.  lol  And some hints ...



 I know it is time consuming,  however you want to bake each side separately.  And I say this because of experience!  The bottom of the cupcake cooks MUCH slower than the top, about 8-10 minutes longer.  And if you do both at the same time, you have to strategically remove the top, buy turning it upside down, with a small plate on the bottom side (while holding it in place, remembering it is HOT, praying it is done enough that you don't RUIN it. 


It is worth the effort, Raquel LOVED it!

  And then in the middle of my cake baking I decided to "make" some things for her party.  And for excuse #3, I bagged up the cute hairband and the funky laundry tote,
but,  BUT,  BUT,  BUT


I did take a picture of my fabric bin.  I absolutely love fabric.  I can just look at fabric all day.  Can't you?  So that is it for my pictures and blogging today! 
EXCEPT ...
I have a new follower Michelle who is having a giveaway!!!  And I soooo want the sheet music book ... go check her out and the giveaway at http://afullcottage.blogspot.com/ !!!!!  Of course, after I read she has 7 children, I am ready for a nap! 

Naps are nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment