Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Year Check Up

Today is dad's one year check up to see how that nasty cancer is doing in his lungs. I am a tad worried, but I never let him know ... I always say when it's your time it's your time, which is really his line, I just like giving it back to him because it is so true. And you know, after losing my mom to the nasty cancer, this time I am more at ease with it. Don't get me wrong, I am not happy about it, but more at ease. I think it might have to do with God soothing my heart, actually I know it is, no thinking about it.

And days like this one last October, Addie going to Homecoming, 12 kids in the backyard posing and excited, the most important pictures to her were not with her friends, it was one with her Papaw and one with her Daddy. God blesses us with such amazing gifts. One more year with Dad got us this great photo opportunity. And to see him welcome the attention and picture was just icing on the cake. God is good and so is having my Dad with us.

2 comments:

  1. Allie, I am taken aback at how much this picture resembles Joe. And your daughter is beautiful. And so are you for your tender-heart in caring for your beloved Dad. Hugs and many blessings to you sweet Allie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yesterday was icing for me....dad was actually happy to have me around and i always learn so much from him! I guess I should remember to count my blessings everyday..they aren't always the big ones, but the little ones sometimes mean more! i love you cousin...you are a great example!!!

    ReplyDelete